This Christmas traybake is quick and easy – much faster than making mince pies. The cooked streusel freezes very well and serves perfectly warm with cream or brandy butter.
For the Base
- Baking Fat x 225g
- Caster Sugar x 110g
- Plain Flour x 225g
- Cornflour x 110g
- Salt x 1g
- Mincemeat x 400g
For the Topping
- Plain Flour x 110g
- Ground Almonds x 110g
- Baking Powder x 5g
- Baking Fat x 150g
- Caster Sugar x 150g
- Preheat oven to 160C/140C Fan/Gas 3
- Grease and parchment line a shallow traybake pan.
- To make the base, mix baking fat and sugar until creamed.
- Sieve Flour and cornflour and add half with salt to the butter and sugar, mix slowly.
- After a few seconds slowly add the remaining flour and mix until it comes together into a dough. Making sure not to overwork the dough.
- Roll out on a floured surface into the size of the pan and place on it.
- Prick the dough with a fork and place in the oven for 20 minutes. Once cooked leave to cool for 15 minutes.
- To make the topping, sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl and mix in the ground almonds.
- Cut the baking fat into cubes and rub into the flour mix until it resembles breadcrumbs, then add the sugar.
- Spread the mincemeat over the base and scatter the topping over the mincemeat.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into 10 pieces.