These gingerbread muffins are a great change to a traditional fruit Christmas cake, they also double as a brilliant activity to keep the whole family occupied as the excitement of Christmas mounts.
- Self Raising Flour x 570g
- Light Brown Sugar x 280g
- Milk x 500ml
- Vegetable Oil x 110g
- Mixed Spice x 5g
- Ground Ginger x 10g
- Ground Cinnamon x 20g
- Honey x 50g
- Eggs x 2
- Vanilla Essence x 1Tbsp
- Place all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and combine.
- Whisk all the wet ingredients until foamy.
- Fold the wet mix into the dry ingredients making sure you are careful not to over mix.
- Allow the mix to chill for at least an hour.
- Pipe the mix into the muffin cases, filling them about ¾ full.
- Bake at 210C/190C Fan/Gas 6 for 15 minutes then turn the oven down to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4 and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.