Rather decadent, but deliciously easy, these Chocolate Orange Tarts are great as an alternative to Christmas pudding or perfect for a Christmas party.
- 5cm Sweet Pastry Tarts x 10
- Orange Marmalade x 300g
- Caster Sugar x 30g
- Cocoa Powder x 50g
- Fresh Eggs x 5 Each
- Semi Skimmed Milk x 750ml
- Place the pastry cases on to a baking tray straight from frozen.
- DO NOT remove the pastry cases from their paper case.
- Bake at 165C/145C Fan/Gas 3 for 7 minutes, remove from the oven & allow to cool slightly.
- Spread the base of each pastry case with 30g of orange marmalade.
- Whisk the caster sugar, cocoa powder, eggs & milk together.
- Allow the sweet egg mixture to settle slightly to remove any bubbles.
- Pour the sweet custard over the marmalade tarts.
- Place onto a baking tray and cook until the custard mixture has a wobble but is no longer wet.
- Gently remove the tarts from their paper cases, dust with icing sugar or cocoa powder.